How to Choose a Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney
How do you go about choosing a personal injury attorney in Los Angeles? The city is packed with thousands of lawyers, but there are ways to narrow down the field to a handful of great choices. Continue reading to get a few tips on how to choose a Los Angeles personal injury attorney.
- Choose a lawyer that focuses solely on personal injury. It may be tempting to hire a lawyer that’s been recommended by friends or family, but if they don’t have experience in personal injury law, it’s best to walk away. Instead, you need someone who is well versed in the complex laws of personal injury.
- Check the attorney’s rating. Always make sure they are a member in good standing with their state and local bar association. You can easily check for this information online. You could also use any number of online rating guides, such as Avvo Ratings and Super Lawyers, to get an idea of the attorney’s standing.
- Select a lawyer that isn’t afraid to go to court. Not every personal injury case will be settled. For those situations, it’s important to have a personal injury attorney that has experience in court and isn’t afraid to take on an insurance company.
- Look for a lawyer with a proven history of high verdicts and settlements. If your case is extremely complex and deals with serious injuries and several guilty parties, you need an attorney that can deliver. Ask your lawyer how many million dollar verdicts or settlements they have had. Not all cases will fall under this category, but if yours does, you need a lawyer with a good track record.
- Choose an attorney that allows you to talk to their past clients. If an attorney is confident in their skills, they should want you to talk to clients they’ve represented in the past.
If you want an attorney that has all of the above and more, contact our Los Angeles personal injury lawyers at Mardirossian & Associates, Inc. today.
Call (323) 648-3478 or contact us online for a free consultation.